Skip to main content

Day 41 - Beck Diet Solution, Make A New To-Do List


Do these activities daily:
·       Eat a healthy diet and restrict your calories.
·       Eat slowly and mindfully.
·       Sit down to eat.
·       Eat only to mild fullness.
·       Monitor your eating throughout the day.
·       Give yourself credit.
·       Do spontaneous exercise.
·       Respond to sabotaging thoughts.

Do these activities between once a day and once a week:
·       Weigh yourself at least once a week (daily if you’d like).
·       Meet or talk with your diet coach weekly.
·       Do planned exercise at least three times weekly.
·       Make sure you create time and energy for weight loss.
·       Read your Advantages Response Card as needed.
·       Use anti-craving techniques.
·       Use the Seven Question Technique to solve problems or negative emotions.
·       Mentally prepare for special occasion meals like dining out, vacations, office events, etc.
·       Brainstorm on ways you can reduce stress.
·       Take steps to enrich your life.

Dr. Beck says that if there was only one thing from this program that you chose to continue for the rest of your life, that should be planning and tracking your food.  She says you can experiment with planning meals in your head, but the minute you fall off the wagon you should go right back to pre-planning and tracking your food.  She also reports that in her experience, most people get overconfident too soon and stop pre-planning long before they should.  If this happens to you, don’t get down on yourself – just get back on the program.

Also, you can experiment with reading your cards on an as-needed basis.  Again, if you start to slip, go back to reading them daily.  Also create new cards to address new thoughts/challenges/a-ha moments you have as your journey continues.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goals: Why Even Bother?

Sometimes the question is not "Why do I want to accomplish this goal"?  Sometimes it's more like "Why shouldn't I just do whatever I feel like doing? Why do I want to bother myself with goals when I could just be relaxing instead?" You might then ask yourself, if I forget the goal what do I miss out on?  Am I ok with that?  Will I have regrets one day?  Which will cause me more stress - abandoning the goal or following through on it? What will my life look like next week, next month, next year if I do/don't accomplish the goal?  Sometimes when it's the desire for accomplishment that falters, it's the fear of loss that keeps you going. 

The Ogre

By Joseph Jacobs John Dickson Batten [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons Shelley and I were friends almost immediately.  However her father did not like me.  The only reason I can imagine is that my family was too poor for him and that he did not consider me fit to be around his daughter.  Despite how her father felt about me, the moments when he was away at work as a lawyer, and when Shelley and I were together were the thrill of my life.  We did everything for fun, it seemed like there was nothing we couldn't do, no fun that we couldn't have.    Her house was an entire wonderland within itself.  An enormous granite-walled mansion, there were four floors of enchanting adventure for us.  The first floor held a kitchen where we made all kinds of goodies, an adjacent playroom where we played house, Barbie, watched "It's A Living," "Silver Spoons," "Small Wonder," "Dukes of Hazzard," "Laverne & Shirley," two mag...

If

If "If I were an older man and met a younger woman I would have just wanted to be her friend I wouldn't have wanted to ruin her life" a haze of shock confusion and hurt descended upon her had it all been a mistake when they first met he even told her she should dance with the younger guys and because she didn't her life was ruined? if she danced with him night after night if his kindness washed over her in healing waves if he told her she wasn't crazy if he told her there was nothing wrong with her if she knew he would never leave her side if he called her out for being the jackass she was when she talked about giving up throwing all her dreams away believing the lies if he fulfilled every last vow if he should have been long gone but never quit her if he could always crack her up if that wacky humor still lived on through the Parkinson's if she knew the disease might take his body but never touch his love that none other could ever match if that's a rui...