Skip to main content

Day 32 - Beck Diet Solution, Prepare for Travel



When you travel, whether it’s for business or pleasure, decide on a strategy for your plan.  BDS actually says most people find it unrealistic to strictly follow their plan so as to not gain any weight.  This often backfires, as people often get fed up at this point and throw in the towel.  It’s more realistic to allow for at least some weight gain.  But decide on what that strategy will be first, at least a week in advance.  Some strategies might be:

·       Let yourself eat a few hundred extra calories per day (this is what Dr. Beck does);
·       Follow your usual plan but allow for a few minor splurges;
·       Follow your usual plan for the whole time except the last day, when you can have a bigger splurge.

Any of these strategies might cause a small weight gain, but as long as you’ve been learning and applying the techniques learned thus far, that weight should come off after you get back home.

Other things you can do to minimize the weight you gain on your trip:

·       Exercise more – you could integrate this exercise into fun things you’ll already be doing on the trip, like sightseeing, hiking, water sports, etc.
·       Eat brunch instead of a breakfast and lunch – this will let you have more food at one sitting.
·       Carry food with you, like some portable favorites.
·       Have a fridge in your room so you can do shopping for your planned foods.
·       Have the hotel remove any alcohol from the room minibar.
·       Practice, practice, practice the tools you’ve already learned in this program.

When you’re on the way on, look back over the trip and ask yourself how you did.  Give yourself credit for everything you did right!  Watch out for STs telling you to avoid the scale when you get home – approach the scale saying “I might have gained a bit on this trip…that’s ok, I had planned a small gain…now that I’m home I can exercise my usual control over my food and environment and lose the weight again.”  Don’t crash diet – just let the weight come off naturally by following your usual plan.

Comments

  1. I'm estatic with the service, especially with the friendly staff and the reassuring attitude offered when needed.wisdom tooth extraction london

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Goals: Why Even Bother?

Sometimes the question is not "Why do I want to accomplish this goal"?  Sometimes it's more like "Why shouldn't I just do whatever I feel like doing? Why do I want to bother myself with goals when I could just be relaxing instead?" You might then ask yourself, if I forget the goal what do I miss out on?  Am I ok with that?  Will I have regrets one day?  Which will cause me more stress - abandoning the goal or following through on it? What will my life look like next week, next month, next year if I do/don't accomplish the goal?  Sometimes when it's the desire for accomplishment that falters, it's the fear of loss that keeps you going. 

The Ogre

By Joseph Jacobs John Dickson Batten [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons Shelley and I were friends almost immediately.  However her father did not like me.  The only reason I can imagine is that my family was too poor for him and that he did not consider me fit to be around his daughter.  Despite how her father felt about me, the moments when he was away at work as a lawyer, and when Shelley and I were together were the thrill of my life.  We did everything for fun, it seemed like there was nothing we couldn't do, no fun that we couldn't have.    Her house was an entire wonderland within itself.  An enormous granite-walled mansion, there were four floors of enchanting adventure for us.  The first floor held a kitchen where we made all kinds of goodies, an adjacent playroom where we played house, Barbie, watched "It's A Living," "Silver Spoons," "Small Wonder," "Dukes of Hazzard," "Laverne & Shirley," two mag...

If

If "If I were an older man and met a younger woman I would have just wanted to be her friend I wouldn't have wanted to ruin her life" a haze of shock confusion and hurt descended upon her had it all been a mistake when they first met he even told her she should dance with the younger guys and because she didn't her life was ruined? if she danced with him night after night if his kindness washed over her in healing waves if he told her she wasn't crazy if he told her there was nothing wrong with her if she knew he would never leave her side if he called her out for being the jackass she was when she talked about giving up throwing all her dreams away believing the lies if he fulfilled every last vow if he should have been long gone but never quit her if he could always crack her up if that wacky humor still lived on through the Parkinson's if she knew the disease might take his body but never touch his love that none other could ever match if that's a rui...